To provide general graphic design support to Design Institute projects through designing and conceptualizing campaigns and creating visual communications material for the Design Institute.
Provide graphic design support within the department
- Conceptualise marketing material in the form of flyers, brochures, etc.
- Conceptualise and develop e-mail templates and online banners, etc.
- Develop company related stationary (i.e. letterheads, business cards, presentation templates, brand manuals, etc.)
- Manage various print related tasks (i.e. develop print related material, manage print jobs, provide templates to printers, print file ready application on template, etc.)
- Ensure all work is according to the brief provided and in line with DI brand
- Attend meetings and take notes of customer needs and requirements
- Write baseline brief documents and finalize approval of briefs presentations
- Develop layout of mood boards, design boards and graphic elements
- Produce process flows and information graphic designs images
- Conceptualise and produce PowerPoint presentations
- Editing, content review, layout and design of material produced within the DI
Adherence to service standards and deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure efficient communication of all client requested needs to Management
- Provide good customer service by meeting the client requirements
- Handle queries and resolve problems as they relate to departmental projects
- Follow up on customer queries, complaints etc. where necessary
- Ensure clients are updated with relevant information as required
Optimise own performance within the team
- Participate as a productive team member by managing own performance in order to meet departmental objectives
- Gather facts and information objectively with accuracy and attention to detail
- Make logical decisions and use sound judgment in relation to tracking projects, tasks, assignments and reports
- Plan, organize and coordinate relevant work functions as they relate to the department
- Work independently with minimal supervision, set reasonable priorities and manage time and deadline driven workload
- Contribute to diversity management initiatives and actively build business relationships
- B. Degree / National Diploma or appropriate Graphic designer qualification
- Illustration, photography and videography design qualifications will be an advantage
- Writing and editorial skills required
- Goodproficiency in English
- Excellent technical knowledge and proficiency in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop is essential.
- Relevant IT proficiency (MS Office suite, Internet etc.)
- Knowledge of the operation within a Studio, Time Management and Deadline driven.
- Preference will be given to those who have not been on a previous graduate recruitment programme
- Willingness to learn (i.e. Design Institute administration, standards and other related on-the-job training)
This position reports to: SENIOR MANAGER: DESIGN INSTITUTEApply before Thursday, February 21, 2019 – 9 Days leftCompanies may expire jobs at their own discretion.If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
Click here (or copy and paste the link) to apply: https://bit.ly/2RZpWuu