Business Sales Consultant
Permanent Senior position
Undisclosed basic salary plus commission
About the Position
My client, a leader in the telecommunications industry, is looking for a strong sales consultant, to sell products and services to customers hence expanding market acceptance of the company brand thus enhancing the company’s overall sales revenue, as well as taking full accountability to achieve monthly targets within the assigned base and customers.
– Design and implement strategies for the assigned portfolio of accounts in alignment with the company, Marketing, channel objectives and requirements.
– Set objectives and targets for the assigned portfolio of accounts for acquisition, retention and profitability.
– Meet and exceed stipulated monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
– Adhere to a defined sales process and quality standards
– Prepare Corporate Account plans and Sales plans and Call plans for identified specific targets markets.
– Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
– Follow up timely on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity
– Develop and maintain sales materials and product knowledge
– Manage time effectively and be self-accountable
– Development of strategies within the SME and Enterprise Sector to ensure a competitive advantage.
– Ensure sales forecasts are timely submitted to management
– Hunt for new business.
– Prepare presentations, proposals and contracts.
– Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients
– Follow up to confirm proper follow through for prospects, leads and existing account- Interact with other internal stakeholders (e.g. Networks, Credit Vetting, etc) to develop RFP’s- Provide customers with product and service information.
– Interact with internal departments to schedule implementations
– Place orders and ensure deliveries are made
– Perform up-selling and cross-selling of products and services
– Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services
– Co-ordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales
– Conduct thorough market research per channel location nationwide in order to accurately develop a highly effective and relevant channel strategy.
– Identify the unique channel segments for each geographic region to establish customer behavior patterns (Service ownership, service usages, channel usage, customer profitability, campaign behavior, loyalty program behavior, churn behavior, etc.)
– Identify customers’ behavior patterns per region for the development of successful churn and campaign model deployment relevant to each specific region.
– Identify target customer groups and segments for customer acquisition, growth and retention activities to be deployed on a national basis.
– Identify new market trends that are happening both locally and globally to ensure our campaign/promotion are revenue generating.
– Cultivate positive business relationships for the purposes enhancing sales revenue – Manage performance and relationships with key decision makers and influencers within the scope of the assigned portfolio of accounts.
– Identify, initiate and nurture relationships with prospects and existing accounts over the phone, via email and in person as appropriate
– Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction though a continued professional and efficient service delivery.
– Respond to customer requests timeously
– Identify, investigate, and resolve customer issues and queries
– Follow-up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved and follow through
– Escalate billing issues, misapplied payments, etc. and recommend process improvements where necessary
– Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
– Maintain contact with all clients in the defined territory to ensure high levels of client satisfaction
– Prepare status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals- Ensure that the daily, weekly, monthly and annual sales, call logs and lead reports are accurate and submitted to management.
– Generate reports on emerging trends in customer issues
– Update all activities on Clarify (CRM system)
– Control expenses to meet budget guidelines and prepare all expense reports on time including travel requisitions plus claims.
– Monitor and control account economics to ensure fiscal viability of solutions and planned sales.
– Manage the company financial risk exposure regarding all commercial agreements concluded.
– Generate weekly pipeline/ Forecasting reports.
Total of 5 years’ overall sales experience
Of which 3 + years Cellular experience in sales required
Experience in Strategic Key Account Management, Strategic Sales Management, Business Development and Operational Management
Be willing to work extra hours when required, be willing to travel regularly
New Business Develop